UBT’S MECHANISM FOR TREATING INFECTIONS
Ultraviolet Blood Treatment (UBT) involves drawing 40cc of blood, exposing it to ultraviolet light and re-infusing it slowly at the withdrawal site. By inactivating pathogens with UV-C and re-infusing them into the blood stream, UBT provides a specific vaccine effect enabling the immune system to recognize the pathogen in the blood and successfully attack and eradicate it. In addition, the UV-A is absorbed by the treated blood which continues to radiate after being re-infused which enhances the immune system. UBT enables the body to use its immune system to cure itself!
NOTE: The original term for UBT was UV Blood Irradiation (UBI)
- Within minutes, oxygen levels rise and can remain higher for weeks after the treatments; vasodilation occurs; Cyanosis (blue coloration) tends to clear up rapidly, metabolism improves, lower extremity circulation improves. “The Ultraviolet Irradiation of Auto-transfused Human Blood: Studies in Oxygen Absorption Values: American Journal of Medicine Sciences, June 1939, p 873. Miley.
- Tissues improve the ability to extract oxygen. Even though arteries remain occluded, feet may feel warm because of tissue oxygen extraction. Frick G. Fibel der Ultraviolettbestrahlung des Blutes. Greifwald: Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-Universitaet Greifswald, (1989).
- Platelets benefit from UBI. When deformed as a result of disease, UBI seems to reshape them into a normal pattern. Serotonin in platelets give off a faint luminescence following UBI while platelets themselves can give off a strong luminescence in plasma. They also develop greater electrophoretic mobility. I.N. Piksin et al., “UBT in surgery” [Russian], Khirurgiia (1990), No 11 pp100-4.
- Red blood cells register changes in their membranes including expression of antigens. There is improvement in rheological (flow) characteristics and a drop in blood viscosity. Red blood cell aggregation is greatly reduced as is their deformation. Similar changes take place in platelets.
- UBI increases the activation of circulating lgM (by 2-16 times), lgG (by 2-4 times) and complement (by 2-4 times), i.e. it rapidly activates these factors of nonspecific immune defense.
- UBI boosts the antioxidative capacity of the blood by activating peroxidase. This activation has reached 40-50% above normal levels. I.N. Piksin et al., “UBI in Surgery” [Russian], Khirurgiia (1990), No 11 pp102.
The leading scientific study of UBI is I.E. Ganilina and K.A. Samoilova, eds. Mekhanizmy vliianiia obluchennoi ul’trafioletovymi luchami krovi no harmam cheloveka I zhivotnysh (Mechanisms of the Influence of Blood Irradiated with Untraviolet Rays on the Organisms of Human and Animals). Leningrad: Nauka, 1986. Other books on UBT have been published in Sverdlovsk and Vladivostok